Street art, street typography, or typography graffiti — whatever term you call it — is one of the most intense art forms for many designers to study. Part of the intrigue is the speed and the limited tools with which these artists have at their disposal, not to mention the fact that often the art is illegal. Street artists not only need to plan, but they need to execute unique strokes to create striking images which captivate users, even if only for a short time.
These examples focus on stunning typographic concepts in graffiti. Note the dynamic color selection and scale at which these street typography designs were created!
Menos o Mas
Any of these your favorite? Do you have a typography graffiti design you’d like to share? Have you seen impressive examples in street art in person?
- The Best New Fonts of 2012 (So Far)
- 19 Unusual Examples of Typographical Artwork
- Taking CSS1k to the Garden of CSS-3den
- Use Contrasting Fonts for Maximum Impact
- A Study of Light Graffiti Through the Years